In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Beginner Walking & Running Workshop for Women
We are excited to welcome 100 First Striders this coming Wednesday evening (September 2nd)! It is our intention to provide you with a safe, doable and fun-filled 12-week exercise adventure.
We all need to be diligent about "social distancing" in consideration for everyone's health. A few things to remember, please:
- - - If you don't feel well, please stay home.
- - - Bring your own mask and wear it when you are around others (arrival to departure) except during the workout portion of our workshop.
- - - Stay at least 6 feet apart.
- - - Bring your own water bottle (water fountains are available at the restroom).
- - - Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer (provided on the stage)
- - - Recommend: fanny pack/small pouch with hand sanitizer, bandana, a place for your car key, cell phone, or timing device. You can either carry it or leave it on the stage or ground.
- - - We meet rain or shine! Bring an umbrella or light rain jacket if weather is threatening. Yes, we workout in the rain - but not the lightning!
The workshop begins at 5:30 pm (new!) at the North Myrtle Beach Sports Complex Follow the First Strides NMB arrows and Park directional signs to Amphitheater Parking Lot. Scroll down on www.FirstStridesNMB.com link below for more details.
Please arrive 15-20 minutes early. A friendly mentor will direct you to the:
- - - restroom (sinks, toilets and water fountains, if needed)
- - - Amphitheater stage to check in
- - - then gather in front of the stage by the flags with your city name
We will be exercising at a comfortable pace for you, so wear loose-fitting, light-weight clothing, supportive/comfortable bra, t-shirt and perhaps a light jacket that you can tie around your waist when you warm up. Wear your most comfortable sneaker/athletic/walking/running shoes.
Remember: Attendance counts! You must "earn" your graduation shirt by attending 8 of 12 workshops.
One more housekeeping detail: We need everyone to sign the City of North Myrtle Beach waiver. Our previous effort to do this through our website did not work. We are attaching the waiver here and invite you to read it, if able, print and sign it and bring it with you to Check In. This would help us speed up the Check In process. Otherwise, we'll ask you to sign it at Check In. Sorry for the inconvenience.
The benefits of exercise are clear! But knowing how to begin a program safely is not well-understood. We mentors are here to help you enjoy and improve your fitness and your immunity through a proven, successful program.
You are wise to sign up!
See you Wednesday! Jane & your Mentors
For details go to: www.FirstStridesNMB.com
For questions, email: FirstStridesNMB.email@example.com